The provincial government has extended the LiveSmart BC program and increased the incentives, with more than $7,000 in rebates now available to B.C. homeowners.
Here is some valuable information for new homeowners on how you can save money on upgrading their home’s energy efficiency and receive thousands back in rebates?
Until March 31, 2013, LiveSmart BC incentives will offer over $7000 in rebates for households. The program, provided by BC Hydro, FortisBC and the Province of BC, helps homeowners reap the benefits of rebate savings now and reduce energy use in the future.
1. Choose a service organization to conduct the pre-retrofit home energy assessment.
2. Make the energy efficiency improvements to the home.
3. Complete a follow-up (post-retrofit) energy assessment with a Certified Energy Advisor by March 31, 2013. There is no extra work for the homeowners as the paperwork and rebate applications are even handled by the advisor. Customers will save $150 on the initial energy assessment which typically costs $350. The provincial program includes incentives for 54 different upgrades, such as up to:
• $1,500 for exterior wall insulation
• $1,500 to install heat pumps
• $1,200 for basement insulation
• $750 to install attic insulation
• $70 per window, door and skylight replacement
For more information about LiveSmart BC rebates, visit www.powersmart.ca/livesmartbc
The Gray Team